Bloor West Village is home to people with many different lifestyles. From working moms, to young professionals to growing families. People are who are looking for a great place to keep up a healthy lifestyle have found it here. If you’re new to the area or just looking to shake things up, here’s a list of our top 7 local places to get health food and supplements:
- It’s almost impossible not to trip over one of the fresh fruit or vegetable stands all along Bloor St. We are so lucky to have these literally at our doorstops, all year round. My favourite is Carload Food Market…the produce is great, with a decent selection of organic, and the prices can’t be beat!
- For supplements, there’s Supplements Plus, but my personal favourite is Foods for Life, tucked away just east of Kennedy. They’ve been there for over 40 years, and although it’s a small store, have an amazing selection, the best prices, and the most knowledgeable and friendly staff around. Highly recommend!
- For bulk items, it looks like we’ll soon be losing Strictly Bulk after many years, with Bulk Barn as the new go to. Good to pick up lots of different basics at reasonable prices.
- No Frills isn’t the fanciest grocery store, but they do stock most of what you need, and it sure is convenient right in the village. If you’re looking for super convenient, Max’s market and the Cheese Boutique are hard to beat.
- If you’re looking for fresh fish, hard to go wrong with Snappers Fish Market. They’ve been there forever as well, and carry a great selection of seafood, and it’s right on Durie St.
- For coffee (yes, it is healthy!), we have so many places to choose from, but our favorite is Coffee Tree. They were the first coffee roastery in Toronto, more than 25 years ago, they know their coffee, it’s reasonable, and super tasty.
- Bloor Meat Market has been the best choice forever, and carries great meat, as does the Healthy Butcher, up on Annette.
Did we miss any? Let us know! Enjoy all the amazing healthy foods Bloor West Village has to offer!